Thursday, November 22, 2012

Unto Shadow #19 - Meeting


D.A. and I met with the Lord and I told him of my beloved’s ailment. I had agreed beforehand to do the majority of the speaking; my beloved prefers to keep all capabilities somewhat hidden and underestimated when possible. However, it is unlikely that the Lord was entirely fooled.

When he invited us to his study, Victora moved to accompany us. The Lord interceded and asked for privacy. She displayed a distinct displeasure at being disallowed. Matched, perhaps, by my relief that she was not present to hear the account.

After asking his questions and extracting more information from me than I desired, the Lord said that it may take days to uncover a cause and remedy. He also entrusted me to control my beloved’s behavior should it turn deviant again. This is only fair, as we are bringing trouble into his halls. It is my hope, though, that this meeting with the Lord was the most difficult part of the recovery.

But that is not my expectation.

No comments:

Post a Comment