Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Unto Shadow #22 - From Home


I have not mentioned the conversations with Mirtai and Nathan, but they have been in communication with me and my beloved since arriving here. Although we may joke about them destroying each other in our absence, the two seem to be coexisting in nonviolent fashion.

Nathan said that it was cold at the house, and that the snow now remains on the ground. The two horses that he cares for, Chance and Fate, have been eating their share and keeping warm. Nathan maintains the wood pile and has added a porch, he says, to his cabin with the spare lumber from the demolished shack.

Mirtai read a letter to me that came from Kruega. She is anxious without us there. Some may be, I think, because I am not actively defending the property (although Nathan is). And some is because she is alone with him. But I do not know - and have not asked - what their status is. I told Nathan before departing that it was none of my business.

Both of them are missed greatly. Along with the house, however much smaller it is than this castle. And the garden, where my roses sleep dormant. And Maag. And Nemeiah, and Westlynn. And the rest.

I miss all of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment