Thursday, February 21, 2013

One Step Forward


A disagreement with Westlynn concurrent with my debacle has made it difficult to concentrate on an efficient resolution. I did leverage Westlynn to conduct a particularly vital errand but beyond this, nothing with her felt comfortable.

And no matter the circumstances it is difficult to ask someone for help when you are upset with them.

Details are unnecessary for these pages. She invited me for a ride. We spoke of Mayhem, my rate of healing, and then I asked the question looming in my mind. I wanted to know if she held the same disappointment as I after the argument. Her violently emotional response startled me. She defended her feelings (with words I would rather she not have used) and in return questioned how I could have doubted her over something she felt was so trivial.

It was not trivial to me though, and I do not think she understood this entirely. Which is in part my fault for not telling her the entire story. I still disapprove of her actions. But she convinced me that this is of little moment compared to what has been gained during our acquaintance. In the end, we settled the heart of the dispute and were comfortable again.

Still, I wonder how she would react to my answer had she turned my own question back at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment