Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Learn to Lie


I contacted Nemeiah and we updated each other on our current challenges.

Though she aspires to be a priestess, of late I have noticed a tendency for her to misplace the exact truth of things if she does not wish to worry me. Before she has downplayed the damage received from healing others with the Light. Or simply not told me all of the circumstances that prompted her to use it.

Though I have not mentioned it specifically, I am very pleased by this change. If she learns to lie (and to do it well) this is another way to protect herself without wielding weapons or physical strength. Kindness is a shield but an imperfect one. It works only on those who value it. Deception works on everyone else.

Of course when the truth of her latest threat walked by and Nem confessed the reality of the danger I was not as happy. But it is the situation, not that she tried to conceal it that bothered me.

In return I told and showed her what had happened to me. And then I lied. 

No comments:

Post a Comment