Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Unto Shadow #27 - Bravery


The Lord called me a brave woman after I answered his questions and described what last happened here in the shadow realm. It took a moment for me to reply, and he did not appear to have anticipated the answer.

It is something I have thought on for various reasons. What is it that qualifies someone as brave? I calculate that it is easier to say what does not.

Bravery is not purely when one accomplishes something difficult in the face of dread odds. It is not shouting at the wind, or how a dog barks at perceived dangers. It is not a lack of fear. Nor charging into a deadly melee with sword raised and voice bellowing. Often, we mistake genuine foolishness and call it courage.

When I walked into the Web without knowledge of what I would face, determined to overcome obstacles no matter the cost, this was not bravery. It was folly and desperation.

Thus, when the Lord called me a brave woman, I replied that I was nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment