Friday, September 30, 2011

Urukha

Urukha is a friend of mine. She is an orc huntress with a cat named Bastia. She crafts boar stuffed pies and chocolate-covered apples, and shares them generously.

She has requested that I play a role in the lifemating ceremony between her and Pip. The responsibility involves standing with them and ensuring with blade and armor that Pip does not flee. From what I understand of Pip’s character, the chance of this duty being activated is low.

While I have agreed to do this, I carry several concerns. Foremost the worry that I will in some way disappoint. I am not made for merrymaking, or really, providing any sort of satisfaction that does not involve the weapons I carry. But it is quite important that I make the attempt.

Another concern is my outsider status with the Tribe that Uru belongs to. While it is her decision who to include and what to require of them, it remains very clear to me that I am not one of them. My position is always precarious. Because of this, it would not do to affront the honor of another that would have been more suitable or qualified.

After all, the cat that has been mauled by dogs does not rest easily with wolves.

No comments:

Post a Comment