Thursday, September 29, 2011

Nicknames

Good morning, journal.


One activity that amuses me is the assignment of nicknames to various members of my acquaintance. These are not superficial, but a great deal of energy goes into creating them.


Some samples of these names include The Holy One, Darkrider, Little Wolf, Bladehelm, Shadowstep, Whiteclaw, Velvet, Sunflower and Mouse.


And the most important one of all of these, my Dark Angel.


Each was created for a different reason. Not all were made for friends. But none is a sign of disrespect; given the amount of time that sometimes is involved in crafting them it would not be efficient to toss them about like a petulant child throwing handfuls of mud. Although I admit that Bladehelm's was created in haste out of a wish to remain in good standing with the Little Wolf, as they were paired. And there are more that I wish to assign, but have been preoccupied.


I may write more of these specific individuals at a later time.

No comments:

Post a Comment