Thursday, May 2, 2013

Cross Loss


As I had read was probable, one of the rose crosses has not survived to produce seeds. And there is a second rose hip on one of the Kaelyn bushes that has me concerned. While my beloved tried to reassure me, it is difficult not to worry for all the rest.

Thinking on it, it must seem so ridiculous to an outsider to be so invested in these plants. Yet I believe the emotional attachment is due to my own inability to reproduce. That is, without raising something already dead or giving my powers to someone already living. Neither of which is palatable to me now. Vividly I remember Nemeiah’s horror when I created the black roses originally, by destroying a fresh red bloom with necromancy.

This is the only way that from nothing, I can create life. Growing flowers in a garden.

---- And so many elves have children without a thought. Then they complain of the symptoms, consequences and responsibilities. They forget how fortunate they are simply to have a choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment