Saturday, May 11, 2013

A Deserved Apology


It is rare that I would claim to deserve something, least of all positive impressions such as happiness or love. Yet when I am wronged, and the source of that wrong is so utterly and violently disconnected to the truth of it, I expect justice.

For Urukha it took this long to apologize. It is what I wanted, as I had told Nemeiah the day before. My anticipation was that Urukha would demand to share blame again when there clearly was none to be shared. It was she who treated me poorly. Now, she admitted it. 

Still I calculate that there are outside factors that I am not witness to that influenced the concession of guilt, but those are not impactful enough to pursue. Our lives continue in different directions, as I told her. There will be no renewal of our friendship. I accepted the apology and then took my leave shortly after.

No comments:

Post a Comment