Thursday, April 25, 2013

Old, Burnt Bridges


I happened upon Nemeiah in Orgrimmar this morning. While I was glad to see her, I was equally reluctant to volunteer details of the last few weeks and their conclusion. She may not have approved of Darkbreak due to his use of the Light to harm me, but telling her precisely how he ended seemed unwise. Even if I was not his agent of Death.

Nem mentioned a desire to speak of someone, and I became concerned. Of similar significance as Viere is to me, is a man that has caused her great grief. But it was not him that she wanted to talk about.

It was Urukha.

The orcess who treated me with such misunderstanding and disdain approached her and asked of me, Nem said. It was her supposition that Urukha wanted to rebuild the bridge that burned between us. I do not know the accuracy of the assumption, but if it is true, I would expect Urukha to approach under her own courage and not use Nem's influence on me. Though she likely knows still how I will listen to Nem's counsel.

And, journal, such an approach would require courage. I have forgotten nothing. Which is why I will not believe or act on Nem’s hypothesis unless there is evidence of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment