Friday, April 12, 2013

Adoring Legions


There is an army within my beloved’s study. They sit in neat rows, arranged by rank and are selected according to their virtue. They wait in silence, still and dreadfully organized. The favored may number up to a dozen or more and occupy D.A.’s space and time until they are no longer required.

Which is when I happily return them to the shelves.

I call the books my beloved’s “adoring legions” as a tease for when I lose D.A’s attention to them. This is not a serious criticism. Many ways have I discovered to capture and retain interest despite competition. My beloved has also used them to entertain, reading stories aloud to me.

Once I did threaten to toss them all about the room, with permission, because they had not surrendered the desired information readily. D.A., quite calm and firm in tone reminded me to refrain. It would have been bloody amusing had I been allowed.

No comments:

Post a Comment